Weekly Winners – 29 March 2009

by Christina Geyer on March 29, 2009 · 13 comments

March 22-28, 2009

Proud mess-maker

On Sunday, I made Sauerbraten, and Oliver made a mess, throwing all my chopped vegetables on to the floor – but Charlie helped clean up

Remember to scoop the poop!

Storm approaching

Jar of homemade vanilla extract (you can read my how-to post if you’re interested in doing this yourself – it’s totally worth it)

The Laaber river in Papiermühle (the place name translates to Paper Mill, and that’s what it was)

Chapel in Papiermühle

To see more of my photos, visit my FlickR page

For more Weekly Winners visit SarcasticMom.com.

1 hip chick March 29, 2009 at 11:48 am

I love the storm approaching and the moss on the tree. I’m always trying to get a shot of moss but it never comes out right. I like that you didn’t get to close. I’m so making my own vanilla. That stuff is so expensive!

hip chicks last blog post..weekly winners ~ 29 March

2 Kelly March 29, 2009 at 1:00 pm

Wouldn’t the scoop yer poop poster be so much more effective with a little toddler hand there instead of a shoe? We have a path here with one of those signs, but no one seems to care…we don’t walk there with the little one anymore, even in the stroller.

What’s better about vanilla extract? I have just started baking again this week (dh’s birthday, and we are gluten/dairy intolerant, so cakes only come from my oven) and I felt that the Alnatura Bio Bourbon-Vanilla Zucker worked pretty well as a substitute, but then I made stuff with chocolate and hazelnuts, so the vanilla was really a background flavor. Do you think that vanilla extract holds its flavor better in baking?

Kellys last blog post..Why are we here, now?

3 Secret Mom Thoughts March 29, 2009 at 1:27 pm

I love the first shot. His shirt is too cute and I love the smile. I also love the storm approaching shot.

Secret Mom Thoughtss last blog post..Weekly Winners

4 SECRET AGENT MAMA March 29, 2009 at 1:38 pm

The third shot, of the storm approaching, took my breath away.

Love watching your little guy grow up right before our very eyes!

SECRET AGENT MAMAs last blog post..Weekly Winners LXXI

5 Jientje March 29, 2009 at 2:13 pm

He is some piece of work, isn’t he? I enjoyed your pictures!
I would love to make my own vanilla essence, I’m very curious to know how to!

Jientjes last blog post..Weekly Winners, Bruges … Through my Eyes

6 Tara R. March 29, 2009 at 3:03 pm

The chapel is stunning, and I love the first shot… the T-shirt says it all. HA!

Tara R.s last blog post..Weekly Winners ~ thru my window

7 Jenni March 29, 2009 at 4:56 pm

Love all those pictures; my favorite has to be the tree thought; but that chapel runs a close second.

Jennis last blog post..Weekly Winners #12

8 Nik March 29, 2009 at 5:50 pm

I’m definitely going to check out the home-made vanilla extract how to. ANd that’s a wonderful photo!

Niks last blog post..Weekly Winners 5

9 Vicky March 29, 2009 at 6:47 pm

I still love Oliver’s big blue eyes, but man– that chapel shot is really powerful– I love it. I’m also fond of the mossy branches! :)

Vickys last blog post..Weekly Winners – March 22, 2009 – March 28, 2009

10 Elaine March 29, 2009 at 7:26 pm

Your little guy’s smile is so cute! And that chapel is so wonderful – thanks for sharing that!

Elaines last blog post..Weekly Winners 3/29

11 Smoochiefrog March 29, 2009 at 7:38 pm

Love the storm approaching pic!

Smoochiefrogs last blog post..Weekly Winners 3/29/09

12 punk rock mom March 29, 2009 at 7:52 pm

i love that chapel!!

punk rock moms last blog post..Weekly Wieners

13 Christina Geyer March 29, 2009 at 10:09 pm

Thanks, everyone!

@kelly: It would be better with a toddler’s hand, but also really disturbing. I think vanilla sugar is great, as good as vanilla extract. I meant making your own extract is much better than buying extract from the store. You can make your own vanilla sugar as well, just put a split bean in a closed container with some sugar.