Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/nfsn/content/amiexpat/public/wp-content/bodies.thumbnail.jpg) is not within the allowed path(s): (/f2/amiexpat/:/nfsn/apps/php53/lib/php/:/nfsn/apps/php5/lib/php/:/nfsn/apps/php/lib/php/) in /f2/amiexpat/public/wp-includes/post.php on line 3620

Buying Baby Stuff in Deutschland

by Christina Geyer on September 30, 2007 · 30 comments

Here’s a list of websites that are either in Germany or will ship baby stuff to Germany. I’ve put an asterisk behind websites that I’ve used and been happy with (*=ordered once, **=twice, ***=three or more times). As I come across new sites, I will update this list. See also a related post, Buying Maternity and Nursing Clothes in Deutschland

edit: There are a lot of great suggestions in the comments to this article too.

————————-

SITES WITH WIDE GENERAL SELECTIONS

Amazon.de*** – has a huge shop for baby stuff. The selection expands daily.

Baby Butt*

Baby-Markt.de*** – Along with the general items, they carry Allerhand, Lässig, and Oilily diaper bags; Baby Björn, BellyButton products; Medela pumps; Quinny & Maclaren strollers; and Baby Art hand and footprint kits.

Babyvita.de – Website is in English and German.

Baby-Walz*** – One of the major German baby and maternity stuff stores, I’ve been quite happy with their customer service, both online and in store.

Jako-O Halbarmbody bedrucktJAKO-O*** – A slightly cooler German kids stuff site. I love their cute “Body-Art” Mitwachs-Bodies (onesies that grow with the baby).

Kidsroom.de – Available in English or German.

MyToys.de*** – Another of the big kids stuff sites, it has a large selection of baby products and even some maternity wear.

Also, Neckermann, Quelle, and Otto have baby shops in their online stores.

SITES THAT CARRY SPECIALTY ITEMS

Remember that for sites outside the EU, you will be responsible for paying duty on items valued at more than €22.

4MyBaby – Has Bumbo seats and Fisher Price toys. Site is available in German, English, Polish and French. (thanks Blythe)

Babygerecht.de* – Stuff for diapering, carrying and breastfeeding your baby, including Medela products, lots of nursing tops.

Baby Nova Shop – Carries Dentistar pacifiers, Dr Brown bottles, Rock Star Baby products, and more.

Biolena** – Carries Goldi natural rubber pacifiers (so no latex, no BPA containing plastic), Babylegs, Label-Label blankies, and more.

ColourKids.ch – Swiss site that carries Zutano, Sozo and Trumpette clothing, plus Kushies Zolo, UglyDolls and Pookie&Co toys.

DaisyZoo – UK site that carries Soggs, Zutano, Babylegs, Freshwear, and Brights & Stripes clothing, and JellyCat and JellyKitten toys.

DaWanda – Marketplace for handmade stuff in Germany, similar idea to Etsy.com.

Dicker Bauchladen*** – Among other things, carries Medela breast pumps and supplies, Doomoo and My Brest Friend nursing pillows, and Dr Brown’s Bisphenol-A-free (BPA-free) glass and plastic baby bottles and sippy cups.

ForYourBaby.de* – Cybex baby carriers, Maclaren strollers.

Fruitandjuice.de – Carries StorkSak diaper bags and UGG boots.

GroovyMummy.com – A London-based company that carries a selection of Charlie & Lola, G&K, GM, Mia*Stella, Posh Baby and Timi & Leslie products.

Hebamen Shop – Products selected by midwives and nursing consultants, the selection includes Theraline nursing pillows, Noppies and Medela nursing bras, Boob nursing tops, Bellybutton products, Didymos, Red Castle and Ergo baby carriers, Popolini diapers, Phil & Ted strollers, Robeez shoes and more.

Ideen rund ums Kind – Available in English or German, they carry Kiddopotomas SwaddleMe and PiddlePad.

Jubilane – Swiss store, available in English, French or German, prices can be listed in Euros or Swiss Francs. Carries Bobux, Weestop, and Pediped shoes, Manhattan toys, Groovy Girls, Ergo carriers, and lots of other neat stuff.

Kater Schorsch – German site that carries Nanooe, idaT.dk, Småfolk, Kidscase, and Urban Elk clothing.

Katherine’s Closet – UK site selling baby and kids designer clothing. Brands include Albetta Creations, Baby Cie, Beary Basics, Biscotti, blabla, Eden’s Bouquet, eeBoo, Greggy Girl, Inch Blue, Kate Mack, momAgenda, North American Bear Co., Penelope PeaPod, Pineapple Kiss, Pink Lining, Room Seven, Sammy, Samson Martin, Starchild, Tea Collection, Timi and Leslie, Vital Touch by Natalia and Win Green.

Kidoh* – Toys, toys and more toys for kids from 0-99.

Kids Are Funk*** – An Irish company that carries JJ Cole diaper bags, Flower Stork gift sets, Cuddlebee bibs & burpies (these are my favorite bibs for liquid feedings), Peanut Shell slings, and Trumpette socks, bibs and bags.

KiezShop – Berlin shop that carries Silver Cross prams and StorkSak diaper bags.

KIM – German site with Kik-Kid, Katvig, IdaT.dk, Molo-Kids and Mala Kidswear clothing, Global Affairs and BirdyNamNam accesories.

Kimara – Shoes, bibs and gifts along with maternity and nursing clothes.

Leon und Lilly – German site with Diesel, Oilily, Petit Bateau, Miniman, Catimini, Liegelind, and Toff Togs clothing.

Lovely Stuff*** – Cool stuff like Trumpette socks and DwellBaby toys. Has been featured in many magazines, including InStyle Germany and Baby&Co.

Lula Sapphire*** – An eco-friendly UK-based company that carries Dwellbaby products; Swaddle Designs blankets and burpies; Moltex, Mother-ease and Wiona diapers; StorkSak, BoHo, and Hable diaper bags; and some Katvig and Zutano clothing.

Mertina Kids Fashion** – Lots of clothes and Lamaze and Fisher Price toys.

Nordic Kids*** – UK site with cool Skandinavian clothes from Urban Elk, Katvig, Raaskaeg, Danafae, Milibe, and idaT.dk.

Pamper With Style* – A German site that carries Fleurville and Skip Hop diaper bags; Easy Walker strollers; Mozzee Nest high chairs; and Baby Nest accessories.

StillLeben** – Glamourmom nursing tops, LilyPadz, Medela and Bravado nursing bras, Lele belly bands, and New Native baby carriers. Site is available in English and German.

StorkSak* – Buy their diaper bags directly from them in the UK.

Twinkle – An English-German online shop that was started by a group of Dutch expat women. They carry Trumpette sock; Little Company, Diaper Dude and Skip Hop diaper bags; and Bootje baby clothes.

Mamarella – Stylish maternity wear and nursing bras.

——————————

Do you know of a site that should be added to this list?

Related posts

1 Blythe October 2, 2007 at 8:32 pm

I’ve ordered from 4MyBaby. Their site is in several languages and they carry gear from Fisher Price, Bumbo, etc.

2 Blythe October 2, 2007 at 8:34 pm

The link above is wrong – it’s http://www.4mybaby.de
Sorry!

The item I had the hardest time locating was an Exersaucer. I finally found one at Toys-R-Us, but I notice they don’t carry it anymore. And it’s been a lifesaver for us. So if you find one, snap it up!

3 ChristinaG October 4, 2007 at 1:09 pm

@blythe: Thanks for the link, I’ll add it to the post next time I update it!

4 ChristinaG October 12, 2007 at 11:07 pm

Just added 4MyBaby, ForYourBaby, and StillLeben to the list.

5 Merika April 6, 2008 at 2:02 pm

Add to your list http://www.babyonline.de and http://www.pinpong-online.de (prams, strollers, buggies).
Thanks for the list, now I can also order from baby-markt.de . I was afraid of it because none of my friends had never ordered there. If it was ok for you, it must be ok for me too. :)

6 Christina G April 6, 2008 at 4:55 pm

@merika: I couldn’t get either of the sites you listed to load. I’ll try again later. I can’t guarantee you won’t have any issues with Baby-Markt, but I didn’t have a problem with them. I can’t remember what I ordered from them anymore.

7 Blythe April 28, 2008 at 8:29 pm

Christina, did you know there’s a Jako-o store in the new(ish) mall in Erlangen? I love to shop there (but I don’t go very often because my wallet tends to mysteriously empty itself before I walk out the door.)

8 Christina G April 30, 2008 at 7:44 am

@blythe: I did know there was a Jako-O store there and have been wanting to make a trip. Maybe we can have lunch and hit the store together sometime?

9 Marci October 12, 2008 at 8:59 pm

Thank you so much for this article. My family & I are living here for the next 2.5 years. AND, I recently found out that I am pregnant. Before we left the states I sold, donated and/or gave away ALL of the baby stuff. SO, we have to buy EVERYTHING all over again. I am totally lost as to where to get things here. I really appreciate all the info!!! Thanks again, m.

10 Christina G October 13, 2008 at 1:37 pm

You’re welcome. Thanks for commenting, Marci! You might also want to check out my other blog: http://www.mamasworldwide.com.

11 marci February 3, 2009 at 4:35 pm

do you know of actual shops I could go to in Hanover or somewhere relatively close to me (I live in Bomlitz – near Waslrode – halfway between Hanover and Hamburg) – I went to Ikea on Saturday and plan on going to Toys R Us on THIS Saturday (but I am not sure if they have a big baby section) – I need EVERYTHING except a pack ‘n play – teehee – I also have some baby boy clothes for the first year that I bought when I went home to Texas – thanks for any help that you can give me – Sincerely, m.

12 Christina G February 6, 2009 at 12:10 am

@marci: I have never been to that area, so I’ll just throw out some shop names for you. I would look for a Baby One first, a Baby Walz second. Both are large chains and should be in both Hanover and Hamburg. Our Toys R Us has a decent baby section, so that’s a good choice too. The best baby section near us is in a large furniture store, Hiendl. Not sure if there is one near you, but you might consider asking around if there is something like that near you guys.

13 marci February 17, 2009 at 2:19 pm

Thank you so much for your reply – I will look into all of your suggestions – I just wish I could get the bedding that I want for the nursery from America WITHOUT paying an arm & a leg – it is all so different here – yet similar – teehee – thanks again for all your help – take care – xo, m.

14 Annika April 19, 2009 at 3:05 am

Last year I lived in CA. At http://www.levaria.de I ordered furniture, and they deliverd them in 5 days from Germany. Great service.
And at http://www.perinas.de you’ll get very nice premie clothes.

15 Julia June 18, 2009 at 2:13 pm

I recently purchased a Boon Highchair, which is very hard to find in Germany from a site called http://www.hochstuehle.de on the internet. They focus on high chairs and have a good selection.

16 Volker Wendrich June 20, 2009 at 9:53 pm

We have an online-shop in germany with handpuppets and fingerpuppets, please visit us. Thx.

17 Nina February 5, 2010 at 5:53 pm

I’d like to suggest http://www.butterzart.com/ for your list of children’s clothing shops in Germany…
.-= Nina´s last blog ..Scotch & Soda und WEEK-END A LA MER… =-.

18 Suzanne Stokes July 17, 2010 at 1:04 pm

Hi – I’m an English mum and my husband and I have designed some kids cutlery and other kids products that we’re now looking to sell in Germany (they’re on sale in John Lewis over here). Can you recommend the best stores for this? I.e. those which have physical stores rather than websites? Great site/blog you have by the way!

19 Anzug für Babys November 20, 2010 at 8:49 am

Danke, das ist wirklich großes.

20 Johanna November 24, 2010 at 6:07 pm

Dear Christina, we just found another baby shop witch is selling rellay cute baby cloth. The Name of the shop is Babylotta. You can find it online here: http://www.babylotta-shop.de

I think they would be happy if you list them too.

Many Greets,

Johanna

21 Anneliese Lechner January 9, 2011 at 2:04 pm

Dear Christina!

It would be great if you could mention also my little Internetshop on your website;

I established a little boutique in 1981 in Bregenz, Austria (close to the german and swiss border); Meanwhile “Bambini” is well known in our area;

2006 our webshop http://www.bim-bam-bini.at was founded. The funny thing: we have only 5 percent customers from austria, 80 percent from germany and the rest from all over the world (USA, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Australia and many european countries)

Due to the fact that we are located only 5 kilometers from the german border we ship the goods for germany from Lindau (Bavaria).

Our most important brand is Catimini (from France) – where we offer about 350 to 450 different styles per season – so the funny thing is that we also have many clients from france.

22 Wendy January 30, 2011 at 12:14 am

Perhaps you want to list our onlineshop http://www.die-rehkids.de. We sell a few special baby products of manufacturers which are little-known in Germany.

23 Kristina June 30, 2011 at 7:10 pm

Dear Christina,

there is this very nice online-store GREEN AVENUE in Germany (though the site is only in German) but staff speaks English and they will help out on the phone…

They have a great variety in baby stuff (clothes, accessoires, furniture, gifts and toys). They also ship to most countries in Europe…

Just have a look, it is really nice ;-)

24 Kinderkleidung August 5, 2011 at 2:41 pm

hey christina,

another quite good online-store selling cute baby & kids clothes is http://www.accio-shop.de

Hope we get the ultimate web list for good online stores for babys.

best regards

25 Kullerkeks February 19, 2012 at 11:49 pm

Hello Christina,

I would love to be listed in your list of Online Shops with my Shop for Kids and Babyfashion: http://www.kullerkeks-kindermode.de

Best regards
Katrin from Kullerkeks Kindermode

26 babyM June 27, 2012 at 3:19 pm

Hello!
What a helpful website this has been! I do have one questions. Do any of the stores accept VAT forms? It’s something that allows military/DoD employees to purchase items on the economy, tax free. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks so much!

27 carolin July 20, 2012 at 11:27 pm

Cristina, so amazing and such a complete practical guide you have done here! Danke! vielen Dank! I will tell my relatives to bring me the stuff I can buy from here, Buenos Aires, thanks to this page!
Abrazo!
Carolin

28 Geraldina GV August 25, 2012 at 5:49 pm

Hi! I found very pretty stuff for babys, babyzimmer, even for moms-to-be in http://www.vertbaudet.de

Your site is helping me a lot. Thanks!

29 mags March 2, 2014 at 6:48 am

Whats the famous brand in germany for babies. Is avent cheaper in germany? Thanks!